Pleated air filters capture airborne contaminants more effectively than non-pleated air filters because the pleated filter media provides more surface area for trapping contaminants than non-pleated media. These filters are commonly installed in HVAC systems in food and beverage, healthcare, hospitality, education, and industrial facilities to remove contaminants from the air stream and improve the air quality.
MERV 8 Extended Surface Pleated Panel Filters with Mechanical Media
The Koch Multi-Pleat XL8 is a medium-efficiency extended surface pleated panel filter, engineered to provide higher initial efficiencies and superior performance than standard pleated filters.
- Upgrade from standard pleated filters
- MERV 8 and MERV 8-A performance ratings
- Mechanical MERV 8 media is not reliant on electrostatic charge for efficiency
- Low resistance to airflow
- High Dust Holding Capacity
- Sturdy double-wall frame design
- Moisture-resistant beverage board frame
- Standard and High Capacity models
- Available in 1″, 2″, 4″ and 6″ depths
MERV 11 Extended Surface Pleated Panel Filters
The Koch Multi-Pleat XL11 is a medium-efficiency extended surface pleated panel filter, engineered to provide higher initial efficiencies and better overall performance than standard pleated filters. It carries a MERV 11 fractional efficiency rating in accordance with ASHRAE Test Standard 52.2. The filter will also provide an Initial Dust Spot Efficiency of 45%, and an Average Dust Spot Efficiency of 55-60% in accordance with ASHRAE Test Standard 52.1.
The MERV 11 efficiency ratings provided by the Multi-Pleat XL11 make the filter an excellent upgrade from disposable filters and ordinary pleated filters in applications such as hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical plants, commercial office buildings, and in any system in which a higher degree of clean air is required.
- Upgrade from standard pleated filters
- MERV 11 efficiency rating
- Dual-layered filter media
- Low-pressure drop
- Superior efficiency
- High dust holding capacity
MERV 13 Extended Surface Panel Filters
The Multi-Pleat GREEN 13 is a high efficiency extended surface pleated panel filter, engineered to provide higher initial efficiencies than standard pleated filters. By virtue of its MERV 13 performance rating, the Green 13 can earn points toward LEED certification and makes an excellent upgrade from disposable filters and ordinary pleated filters in applications such as hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical plants, commercial office buildings, and in any system in which a higher degree of clean air is required.
- MERV 13 performance rating in accordance with ASHRAE Test Standard 52.2-2012
- Earns LEED points
- Reduces energy cost
- Extended filter lifecycle
- Conserves resources
- Improves indoor environmental quality
- Available in 1″, 2″ and 4″
Multi-Pleat Series AB-HW-SG
High-Performance Replacement Filters for Residential Air Cleaners
Koch Filter manufactures a complete line of Koch-brand replacement filters for residential and commercial air filtration systems. Each type is offered in two efficiency ranges, MERV 8 and MERV 11, and in all popular sizes.
[Series AB = Trion AirbeaPand Air Cup, Series HW = HoneywelPF, and Series SG = Aprilaire Space-Gard]
- MERV 8, 11 & 13
- High-performance synthetic media
- Durable high wet-strength beverage board frame
- UL classified
Premium High-Capacity, High Strength Pleated Filter
Providing heavy-duty performance in a long-lasting pleated panel filter, the Multi-Pleat BOSS is manufactured with a heavy-duty, metal support grid and durable moisture-resistant beverage board frame. The Multi-Pleat BOSS filter’s low initial resistance helps to lower operating costs and increase energy savings.
- Premium heavy-duty construction
- Heavy gage expanded metal backing
- Highest dust-holding capacity media blend for long life
- Low operating resistance to airflow saves energy
- High wet strength, moisture resistant beverage-board frame
- Available in 2″ and 4″ depths
- Available in MERV 8, MERV 11 and MERV 13
Self-Supporting Extended Surface Pleated Filter
High-performance MERV 8 mechanical air filter media is self-supporting and requires no metal support grid downstream. No metal components mean that the filter is completely incinerable after use.
In addition, vForm™ Pleating Technology insures the same pleat configuration used for decades in our original Multi-Pleat products. Same aerodynamic v-shaped pleat design, the same superior performance.
The sturdy, moisture-resistant, beverage board perimeter frame and cross-braces provide structural integrity even in difficult operating conditions. The media used is extraordinarily resilient and is engineered to endure the rigors of shipping, handling, installation, and operation.
- Exclusive vForm™ Pleating Technology
- MERV 8 performance rating
- Self-supporting pleats, requiring no metal reinforcement
- Low resistance to airflow reduces energy costs
- Moisture-resistant beverage board frame
- Completely incinerable
Pleated Panel Filters with Built-in Header
ASHRAE Efficiency: 25–30%
MERV Rating: 7
- 4″ deep pleated panel constructed with a 13/16″ peripheral header for easy installation into side-access housings.
- High-performance dual-component filter media is a blend of natural and synthetic fibers.
- Durable high wet-strength beverage board frame.
- Rust-resistant galvanized-dipped expanded metal support grid.
- Available in three standard sizes.
MERV 8 Pleated Panel Air Filters for Gas Turbine Applications
The Multi-Pleat GT pleated air filter offers upgraded prefilter performance in gas turbine applications. They are specifically designed for use as a prefilter in gas turbine applications to help extend the life of more expensive final filters. Durable and efficient, the Multi-Pleat GT is an ideal choice for many gas turbine applications.
The Multi-Pleat GT carries a MERV 8 fractional performance rating in accordance with ASHRAE Test Standard 52.2-2007 and has an initial pressure drop of less than .25″ water gage. This combination of performance and low resistance to airflow make it a superior upgrade to conventional pleated filters and media pads.
Heavy-Duty Pleated Panel Air Filters for Gas Turbine Applications
The Multi-Pleat GT-HD is a heavy-duty pleated panel filter designed for use in gas turbine applications where filter durability and extended life are of primary concern.
The Multi-Pleat GT-HD pleated air filter is designed with extended filter life to offer superior performance in the most extreme conditions. Its heavy-duty construction helps to insure product stability, high dust holding capacity, and low pressure drop in many gas turbine applications.
High-Efficiency Extended Surface Filters for High-Temperature Applications
Multi-Pleat HT filters are designed for ovens and air filtration systems with continuous operational temperatures up to 500°F (260°C). This product is widely used in applications such as paint spray booths, baking systems, drying ovens, and in any system where elevated operating temperatures require a more specialized type of air filtration.
The Multi-Pleat HT is constructed with a medium efficiency extended surface media element secured in a 24 gauge aluminized steel enclosure frame to resist flaking. The MERV 8 media element is composed of specifically formulated, extended surface glass microfiber designed to provide superior performance without degradation in high-temperature systems. The media element is bonded to the entire interior surface of the frame to eliminate air bypass, and the radial design of each pleat ensures total media utilization. The media element is supported downstream by a high-temperature expanded metal grid.
MERV 9 DP® HD Extended Surface Heavy Duty Pleated Filters
The MERV 9 DP® HD filter is the most durable pleated filter in the industry. Designed to withstand the most demanding commercial HVAC and process filtration environments, the DP HD outperforms alternatives in efficiency, capacity, and durability.
• MERV 9
• Low Initial Resistance and highest dust loading capacity
• Lasts up to 4X longer than standard commercial high-capacity pleats
• Rugged design for the most demanding HVAC and process applications
• Quality engineered for consistent performance
High Efficiency 2″ Mini-Pleat Filter
The Airguard ADVANTAGE is a 2” deep mini-pleat filter that provides outstanding particulate removal efficiency and service life. Ideal for any application where 2” pleated filters are currently in use; ADVANTAGE is MERV 16/14A for improved air quality in occupied spaces without significant reduction in air flow.
• 2″ Mini-Pleat Design Provides Higher Efficiency and Dust Holding
• Merv 16/14A in accordance with ASHRAE Test Method 52.2 – 2007, Including Appendix J
• Optimal Air Flow Ensures Proper Ventilation of Occupied Spaces
• Durable Plastic Frame
• No Metal Components; Completely Incinerable
• Available with Side and Up/Downstream Gasketing
LoadTECH® Filters MERV 14
High-Efficiency 4-Inch Extended Rigid Cell Filters with E-Pleat® Media Technology
Parker LoadTECH® high-impact polystyrene (HIPS) HVAC filters feature proprietary E-Pleat® media technology to hold two times the dust as conventional rigid cell style filters. The 4-inch design offers the same filtration performance as a 12-inch filter but in a much smaller envelope, resulting in simplified handling plus reduced storage space requirements and shipping costs. Ideal for variable air volume systems
• Proprietary E-Pleat media technology efficiently directs airflow through the filter
• Exclusive gold synthetic media with embossed design holds two times more dust
• Media resists tearing, damage, moisture, and microbial growth
• Longer filter life and fewer filter changeouts with higher dust-holding capacity
• 12-inch filter performance in a compact 4-inch design